Soft baby spinach comes together with hearty meatballs and chickpeas to bring a taste of comfort food to your Zone bowl.
- 3 1/2 cups Unsalted vegetable stock
- 1/2 cup Tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Garlic powder
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1/4 cup Chickpeas (canned)
- 2 cups Baby spinach
- 2 Al Fresco Tomato & Basil Chicken Meatballs (quartered)
- 2 tsp Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Pecorino cheese (grated)
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- Red pepper flakes (to taste)
Serving Size 1 serving
Total Fat 11g
- Bring the vegetable stock, tomato sauce, and garlic powder to a boil in a 2-3 quart saucepan.
- Add Zone PastaRx Orzo, cover and reduce heat, simmer for 14 minutes.
- Stir in chickpeas, red pepper flakes, baby spinach, and chicken meatballs. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Ladle into two bowls and top each with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil and 1/2 tablespoon of pecorino cheese.
- Salt and pepper to taste.