A trio of cheeses and chopped apple to compliment our Fusilli PastaRx. Warning: You may have to stop yourself from licking the dish clean.
- 3 cups Zone PastaRx Fusilli
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Butter
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Oat Bran
- 1 cup 1% Milk
- 1/2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 3 oz Sharp Light Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 3 oz Reduced-Fat Provolone Cheese (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- 1/4 cup Apples (cubed)
- 3 Fresh Parsley (for garnish)
- Salt & Pepper (to taste)
Serving Size 6
Total Fat 12 grams
Sodium 494 mg
Carbohydrates 36 grams
Fiber 3 grams
Sugar 11 grams
Protein 26 grams
- Prepare Zone Fusilli according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large stockpot over low heat. Stir in the oat bran.
- Cook for one minute, continuously stirring.
- Slowly whisk in milk until smooth. Cook 3–5 minutes over low heat until slightly thickened.
- Add mustard, cayenne pepper, salt, pepper and cheeses. Stir until melted.
- Stir in the cooked Zone PastaRx Fusilli, cook for a minute so everything is warm and gooey.
- Stir in the cubed apples.
- Let rest for a few minutes so sauce can thicken, then serve garnished with parsley.