This traditional dish from Spain combines orzo and chicken breast with onion, tomato sauce and green beans, seasoned with garlic, bay leaves and oregano.
- 1/2 cup Zone PastaRx Orzo
- 1 tsp Olive Oil
- 1/2 Medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 1 clove Garlic (minced)
- 1/4 cup Tomato Sauce
- 1/4 cup Water
- 4 oz Vegetable Broth
- 1/2 Bay Leaves
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (dried)
- 1 1/2 cup Green Beans (frozen and thawed, chopped)
- 1/2 cup Chicken Breast Meat (Perdue brand Short Cuts)
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- 2 tsp Dr. Sears’ Zone Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Serving Size 1 serving
Total Fat 11g
- Prepare Zone PastaRx Orzo according to package directions. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, warm 1 teaspoon oil in a large skillet over medium to high heat. When hot, add the onion and garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes, or until just golden.
- Add the tomato sauce, water, broth, bay leaves, oregano, salt and pepper. Stir well and bring to a boil.
- Add the green beans, stir well, cover, and simmer for about 8 minutes.
- Add the cooked orzo and chicken to warm, and cook another 2 minutes.
- To serve, drizzle each serving with 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil.